FT M-F 1:00-8:00pm (Some weekends Required)
Acts as front lobby receptionist and pre-registration clerk. Greets and welcomes all visitors. Answers incoming phone calls and directs to appropriate destination. Verifies pre-registration information via phone prior to patient's date of service. Scans documents as required.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Greets all patients and families, physicians and staff in a courteous manner, and assists as needed.
Explains registration and patient care process to patient and family members in a clear, concise and professional manner.
Creates patient visit in Registration from scheduled visit by entering all detail information available in a timely manner.
- Answers incoming phone calls and direct to appropriate destination.
- Verifies pre-registration information via phone prior to patient’s date of service.
- Scans documents as required to the system ensuring correct placement and assignment of the documents.
- Fills in as needed for breaks, illness and vacations. Covers as requested for other positions.
- Documents concisely, precisely and accurately in the system and on records, patient account notes or documents for every patient contact.
- Adheres to all HIPAA policies and requirements.
- In absence of registration personnel, admits patients to Kansas Spine & Specialty Hospital. Verifies patient information, insurance information and obtains any additional information needed. Ensures notification is provided to the appropriate individuals for direct admitted patients.
- Performs daily transfer of charges in Healthland system and creates reports as indicated by the department procedure.
- Provides exemplary customer service by immediately greeting patient with courteous smile, introducing self and providing a quick, proficient and accurate registration.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively and professionally with all co-workers, management, patients, visitors, physicians and others. Demonstrates work as a team player.
- Assists Business Office Manager with reports or other projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Hospital.
Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Hospital.
Maintains confidentiality of patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Keeps Manager apprised of applicable day-to-day situations.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Candidate must be able to read and speak English fluently, have cognitive skills for math, reading computer skills, communication skills to deal well with the public as well as peers. Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodation. Hearing for low, medium and high pitch sounds. Minimal up and down activity may be possible. Job risk include: Exposure to computer for 6-7 hours per day with typing activities, lifting of 20-30 pounds maximum.
High School diploma or equivalent. Medical registration experience required.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
About UsLocated in Wichita, KS, Kansas Spine & Specialty Hospital is a regional center for the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the spine, joint & bone (read more)