PT Day - 48 Hours
Responsible for the provision of professional nursing care to patients, including assessment, direct physical care, evaluation, teaching and counseling.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and evaluate data including:
- Systematic and ongoing assessment based on patient/family diagnoses/problem list;
- Diagnostic tests results and other clinical information;
- Response to medical and/or nursing care/treatment;
- Behavioral responses;
- Developmental needs;
- Cultural responses/needs;
- Educational needs.
- Recognizes and reports changes in patient condition.
- Demonstrates patient/family focus in the provision of care, adhering to standards.
- Ensures delegated nursing care for patients/families is provided according to plans developed by treatment team and within the confines of the applicable practice acts.
Utilizes critical thinking to evaluate the effectiveness of care.
Assists patients and families to integrate the impact of illness and recovery into their lifestyles through patient education.
Collaborates with care providers in meeting patient care needs.
Performs care interventions in accordance with the Kansas Nurse Practice Act.
Communicates progress towards expected outcomes.
Responds to potential risk/hazard to themselves and others.
Supports effective communication through utilizing systems that enable opportunities for input regarding patient care issues.
Documents assessments, treatments, re-evaluations, and patient responses to treatment per hospital policies and procedures.
Participates regularly in educational activities related to practice. Collaborates with mentor to identify learning needs and seeks experiences to develop clinical skills.
Develops a clinical knowledge base for populations served that is age appropriate, culturally specific and diagnosis appropriate.
Contributes to the establishments of an ethical environment that supports the rights of all participants.
Participates in resolving ethical problems or dilemmas of individuals or systems.
Provides advocacy, protection and support for patient rights, family involvement and patient/family decision-making.
Remains calm and functions as a team member during times of stress and crisis situations.
Seeks involvement in activities that promote professional growth and behavior.
Actively participates on appropriate committees and QA/PI activities.
Actively protects patient and self by following OSHA and other standards reviewed in annual training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Hospital.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Hospital.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Keeps Manager apprised of day-to-day situations.
Qualifications & Requirements
One year RN experience in an acute care facility or with acute care patients. Ortho, neuro, or critical care experience preferred. Associate's degree from an accredited two-year college or university, or diploma in nursing. BSN desired. Possession of valid state license as Registered Nurse in state of Kansas. Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) required. ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification required within 60 days of hire.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
About UsLocated in Wichita, KS, Kansas Spine & Specialty Hospital is a regional center for the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the spine, joint & bone (read more)